Antalya Aquarium: Discover the Wonders of the Deep Blue
Antalya Aquarium is a magnificent underwater world, located in the heart of Antalya, one of the most beautiful cities in Turkey. With an area of over 12,000 square meters, it is the biggest aquarium in Turkey and one of the largest in Europe. The aquarium welcomes visitors every day of the week, offering an unforgettable experience that combines education, entertainment, and adventure.
What’s in the Aquarium?
The aquarium is home to more than 20,000 creatures, including 200 different species of fish, sharks, rays, and sea turtles. The underwater tunnel, which is 131 meters long, allows visitors to walk through a stunning marine environment and observe the sea creatures up close. The aquarium also features interactive exhibits, including touch pools where visitors can touch and interact with starfish, sea urchins, and crabs.
The World’s Largest Tunnel Aquarium
One of the most impressive exhibits at Antalya Aquarium is the 3D cinema, which offers an immersive experience of the ocean depths. With a 4K resolution and surround sound, visitors can watch breathtaking footage of marine life, from the coral reefs to the deep sea trenches. The aquarium also has a tropical rainforest section where visitors can explore the lush vegetation and observe exotic animals, such as parrots, monkeys, and chameleons.
The aquarium has several thematic sections, each one offering a unique experience.
Here are some of the main sections of Antalya Aquarium:
- Mediterranean Fish: This section is dedicated to the fish that are native to the Mediterranean Sea, including octopuses, moray eels, groupers, and barracudas. Visitors can observe the fish in their natural habitat, surrounded by rocks and artificial corals.
- River Creatures: This section showcases the freshwater creatures that inhabit the rivers and lakes of Turkey, such as carp, trout, and sturgeon. Visitors can also see the largest freshwater tank in Turkey, which has a capacity of 50,000 liters.
- Ocean Tank: The ocean tank is the largest exhibit in the aquarium, with a volume of 5 million liters of water. Visitors can watch the graceful movements of giant manta rays, sand tiger sharks, and nurse sharks.
- Tropical Reefs: This section recreates the vibrant ecosystem of the tropical coral reefs, with a variety of colorful fish, sea anemones, and coral species. Visitors can also witness the daily feeding of the fish, which is a spectacle not to be missed.
- Jellyfish Exhibit: This section features the delicate and mesmerizing creatures of the deep sea, such as moon jellies, lion’s mane jellies, and flower hat jellies. Visitors can learn about the different species of jellyfish and their life cycle.
Aquarium in Antalya
Apart from the regular exhibits, Antalya Aquarium also offers special activities and events, such as diving with sharks, feeding the fish, and watching the live performances of the trained sea lions. The aquarium has a restaurant and a café, where visitors can take a break and enjoy the panoramic view of the sea.
In conclusion, Antalya Aquarium is a must-visit destination for anyone who loves marine life and wants to learn more about the wonders of the ocean. With its impressive collection of sea creatures, interactive exhibits, and immersive 3D cinema, the aquarium provides a unique and educational experience for all ages. Whether you are a family with kids, a group of friends, or a solo traveler, you will find something to enjoy and remember at Antalya Aquarium.
Antalya Aquarium also offers educational programs for schools and universities, aimed at promoting environmental awareness and marine conservation. Students can participate in workshops, lectures, and hands-on activities, led by expert biologists and educators. The aquarium is committed to sustainable practices and works closely with local and international organizations to protect marine biodiversity and reduce plastic pollution.
Antalya Aquarium Transport
Antalya Aquarium has many transportation options.
Tramway, Public Bus and Private VIP vehicles. You can reach Antalya Aquarium comfortably in a short time with the vip transfer service provided by our Alanya Group company. moreover, our driver will wait for you there. To make a reservation, you can choose the vehicle that suits you best below.
The aquarium is easily accessible by public transportation, with a bus stop and a tram stop right in front of the entrance. The parking lot is free for visitors, and there are also taxi and shuttle services available. The aquarium is open from 10 am to 7 pm, and the last entry is at 6 pm. The admission fee is affordable, and there are discounts for children, students, and groups.
Antalya Aquarium is part of the Aksu Dolphinarium, which also includes a dolphin park and a snow world. Visitors can purchase a combined ticket and enjoy all three attractions. The dolphin park offers shows and interactions with bottlenose dolphins and fur seals, while the snow world offers a chilly experience in a winter wonderland, with ice sculptures and snow activities.
Antalya Aquarium is located in the Konyaalti Beach Park, a popular recreation area that also features a beach, a park, and a promenade. Visitors can spend the whole day exploring the aquarium and the surrounding area, enjoying the sun, the sea, and the fresh air. The city of Antalya is known for its rich history, culture, and cuisine, and visitors can also discover the ancient ruins, the museums, and the restaurants that make Antalya a unique destination.
In conclusion, Antalya Aquarium is not only a top attraction in Turkey but also a symbol of the importance of marine conservation and environmental education. By visiting the aquarium, visitors can learn about the fascinating world of the ocean, and contribute to the efforts to protect it. Antalya Aquarium is a destination that combines entertainment, education, and sustainability, and it should be on the list of any traveler who wants to experience the wonders of the deep blue.