Istanbul Tour From Alanya
Istanbul Tour From Alanya
The Istanbul tour from Alanya is an unforgettable cultural sightseeing experience. You will take a domestic flight from Antalya airport to Istanbul, Turkey’s historical, cultural, and financial center. Istanbul is the only city in the world that spans two continents, Europe and Asia, and has a population of 16 million.
This ancient city is home to numerous artifacts and monuments from various civilizations, making it a fascinating destination for history buffs. On this tour, you will visit some of the most impressive sites that Istanbul has to offer.
The Blue Mosque, also known as Sultan Ahmet Mosque, is a stunning 17th-century mosque built by Ottoman Empire Sultan Ahmet the first. Its interior is decorated with exquisite blue tiles, and it is the only imperial mosque in the world that originally had six minarets.
The Hippodrome Square, once the social and sporting center of Byzantium, held 100,000 spectators and was an arena for chariot races and other entertainment. It boasts structures such as the Kaiser Wilhelm II Fountain, the 35,000-year-old Egyptian Obelisk, the Serpent Column, and Constantine Porphyrogenitus.
Topkapı Palace, meaning “Connon Gate,” was built in 1478 by Sultan Mehmet II and was the principal residence of early and mid-era Ottoman Sultans. It served as the center of administration of the Ottoman Empire for nearly 400 years. Notable parts of the palace include the Baghdad Kiosk, Holy Relics, and the Kitchen Section, which has one of the world’s finest collections of Chinese celadon ceramics. The Harem, a section of the palace forbidden to all except the Sultan, is also a must-see.
Hagia Sophia, built in 537 by Eastern Roman emperor Justinian I, is the oldest cathedral in the world and famous for its massive dome. This remarkable structure is considered to have changed the course of architectural history. Stones and doors were brought from older temples and churches to construct the Hagia Sophia. It served as a church, mosque, and museum over time and is currently used as a mosque again since 2020.
The Spice Bazaar (Mısır Çarşısı), built in the 17th century, is one of the largest and oldest covered bazaars in Istanbul. It was once the hub of spice trade in Istanbul, but in recent years, shops of other types have gradually replaced the spice sellers. The bazaar has 85 shops selling spices, jewelry, souvenirs, textile products, Turkish delight, sweets, dried fruits, and nuts.
A Bosphorus cruise tour is an excellent way to discover the mesmerizing beauty of Istanbul over the sea. The cruise takes about one and a half hours, and it is an experience you won’t want to miss.
Don’t miss out on the Istanbul tour from Alanya, which is brimming with history and culture.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Hotel pick up and drop off, as well as all necessary transfers throughout the tour
- Domestic flight tickets from Antalya airport to Istanbul
- Professional and knowledgeable tour guide to lead you through the city’s historical and cultural sites
- Admission to all included attractions
- Lunch and dinner provided during the tour
- Bosphorus cruise to enjoy the stunning views of Istanbul from the sea
- Beverages and other personal expenses are not included in the tour price.
- Entrance fee to the Harem Department of Topkapi Palace is not included in the tour price but can be purchased as an optional extra.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & TIPS:
- This tour is not recommended for people with difficulty walking or mobility issues.
- Please remember to bring your passport with you on the tour.
- Dress appropriately for seasonal conditions, as Istanbul is usually cooler than Alanya.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.